Check Syllabus for Draftsman(Civil) by JKSSB – Jammu and Kashmir Service Selection Board updates syllabus for draftsman civil recruitment.
Meanwhile, Syllabus for Civil Draftsman Vacancies download pdf, posts are advertised by JKSSB, and have issued syllabi for all these posts.
download now draftsman syllabi, syllabi for Draftsman(Civil) or else you can save its PDF file into your phone.
|Department||Name of the Post||Cadre of the post|
|Public Works(R&B Department)||Draftsman(Civil)||UT / J&K|
Syllabus Draftsman(Civil) by JKSSB – Download
UNIT 1 – 25 Marks
- Drawing is the language of technicians. office organization. instruments, equipment’s materials their use, care & maintenance, safety precautions. Introduction to BIS code of practice and Architectural drawings.
- Importance of lettering, the printing of letters and figures sizes, proportion, etc. as
- per BIS code.
- Forms and proportions for single stroke lettering, Lettering stencils.
- Geometrical drawing. Definitions, construction of plane geometrical figures. Orthographic projection, dihedral angles, and recommended methods of projection according to B.I.S codes.
- Principles, representation and construction of different types of scales, graphic scales recommended scales for drawing with reference to BIS codes.
- Dimensioning technique, the order of finishing, technical, Sketching, the technique of
- sketching model drawing, orthographic sketching, etc.
- Conventional signs and symbols as per B.I. S. Bricks characteristics of a good bricks, hollow bricks, and manufacture of bricks.
- Tiles, terracotta, stoneware and earthenware, sand types, characteristics, cement, lime.
UNIT 2 – 30 Marks
- Sequence of construction of a building. Names of different parts of building. Bricks masonry- principles of construction of bonds. Tools and equipment used.
- Stone masonry, terms used, principles of construction, classification, composite masonry and strength of walls. Timber: Structure- Indian timber uses.
- Foundation: Purpose, causes of failure of foundation, bearing capacity of soils, dead and live loads, examination of ground. Types of foundation. Drawing of
- footing foundation, setting out of building on ground excavation, shorting & simple machine foundations.
- Dampness in building and damp proof course. Method of prevention of dampness in building. Mortar-types, proportion & mixing. Plastering & pointing. White washing & distempering.
- Types of ground floor and methods of constructing granolithic, mosaic, brick tiles etc. floors.
- Arches-technical terms forms –brick and stone centering lintel. Market forms and sizes.
- Carpentry joints-terms, Classification of joints.
- Door- parts of door, location, sizes, and types
- Windows and ventilators including steel window and ventilators fixtures and fastenings used indoors. Window and ventilators.
- Roof-Pitched roof types, roof covering, component parts of the roof. Theory of trussing king and queen post trusses.
- Classification and construction of upper floors including waterproofing, general Principles of construction of masonry & R. C.C
- Stairs: Terms, forms, materials planning, and designing of Stairs. Details of construction.
Read More: JKSSB Syllabus for all type of Posts
- Residential building. Principles of planning. Orientation-local building by law as including BIS code, type of residential building rooms, services, utilities which constitute as a dwelling house. Estimating.
- Method and find out quantities for a single storied residential building.
- Perspective view types. Method of construction, the technique of coloring and shading.
- Inking & tracing, operating of Leroy set & care of its accessories. Method of preparing Blueprints or Ammonia Prints, Folding of prints.
- Safety precaution& elementary first aid, forge, and fuel. Lighting fire Common had a tools-their description and use. Description of plumbing operations.
- Safety precautions & elementary first aid- carpenter’s hand tools, their names, description, and use. Common joints. Use of nails, screws hinges, dowels etc.
- preparation of glue & putty, Grinding & sharpening of tools. Their care & maintenance. Use of different types of joints. Properties and uses of different timbers used in construction work.
- Safety precautions and elementary first aid. Artificial respiration and treatment of electrical Shock. Elementary electricity. General idea of supply system. Wireman’s tool kits. Wiring materials. Electric fittings. System of wiring. Wiring installation for domestic lighting.
|Total Marks||120 Marks|
Unit 3 – 25 Marks
- Tools their description, uses, and their care.
- Details of different bonding wall and section according to BIS
- Introduction:- Chain surveying principles, Instruments employed, use, care & maintenance. Field problems. Field book plotting. Introduction to plane table survey, Instruments employed, use, care & maintenance. Prismatic compass. Planimeterand pentagraph.
- Instruments and accessories- their uses and description level book. Differential leveling. Application of chain and leveling to building construction. Plotting, preparation of contour computing earthwork by spot level and contours. Setting out work.
- Road:-Introduction to roads, general principles of alignment. classification and construction of different types of roads.
- Indian railways-their gauges, construction of permanent ways. Different ail sections. Use of stone blasts in railways track. Use and types of slippers, types of signals, fixtures & fastening in Railway Tracks including base plates and fishplates.
- Bridges: – Introduction to bridges, component parts of a bridge. Classification of culverts (I.R.C.)
- Bridges– types, location of the bridge. Tunnels rules used for the sizes of different members.
UNIT 4 – 20 Marks
- Definition of terms used in
- Hydrology like duty delta, the intensity of irrigation, Hydrograph, peak flow, runs off, catchments area CCA, corps like Rabi, Kharif, etc.
- Storage/ diversion headworks definitions:
- Types of Dam –Masonry, concrete & composite Dams
- Gravity Dam, Arch, and Buttress Dams, Earth and Rockfill dams.
- Reservoir- types of Reservoirs viz. single purpose and multi-purpose, area/ capacity curves of Reservoir.
- Canals- Canals, classification of canals and distribution system, canal structures viz. Head Regulators, Cross Regulators, Canal outlet, Escape, etc, drawing of canal alignment including longitudinal and cross-sections of canals with the given data.
- Type of cross drainage works viz. Aqueducts. Super passage, level crossing, Irrigation, culvert- Inlets and Outlets, General Description, Element of water power development and various civil engineering structure of Hydro-Electric Schemes, i. e., forebay. Penstock, Turbines, Power House, etc.
- Introduction–terms used in public health engineering system of sanitation-house plumbing, sanitary fitting, etc. Types of the supply system and purification of water.
- Introduction to RCC uses, materials proportions, and formwork, including bending of bars and construction reference to BIS code Reinforced brickwork.
- Materials used for RCC, construction selection of materials coarse aggregate, fine aggregate cement – water, reinforcement, characteristics. Method of Mixing concrete- hand and machine, slump test.
- Forms of rivets, proportions. Types of riveted joints. irrigation.
- Design of Riveted connection, failure of riveted joints
UNIT 5 – 20 Marks
- Types of the estimate, the standard method of taking out quantity, Labour & material detailed & abstract estimate. Analysis of rates for simple items of work. Schedule of rates, specifications.
- Residential building, planning of the building, local by-laws including BIS code Types of residential building rooms, service utilities which constitute a dwelling house. Building by-laws of State urban Development authorities, Improvement trust etc.
- What is a Computer- General terms used in computer.
- Elementary DOS commands.
- Window command and their uses
- Auto CAD commands and use of different Icons of Auto CAD
- different coordinate systems
- Knowledge about 3d Drafting
- Knowledge about Architectural Desktop and creating modeling.
Furthermore you can Download its PDF File from Here : Download
Meanwhile JKSSB has recently updated the Syllabus for Draftsman(Civil) Posts.
Also check JKSSB Class IV Exam, Admit card, Result.