IGNOU Bachelor of Arts (BAG) Admission January 2022 Started,
Bachelor of Arts (BAG)
The University offers Bachelor of Arts Degree with the following Disciplines:
- Political science
- Public administration
Objectives: The Bachelors of Arts programme is a broad based programme with a mix of disciplinary, interdisciplinary and skill based courses. It has the following objectives:
- Introduce the learners to the main themes and topics of disciplines in humanities, social sciences and
- Provide the learners with the information and skills necessary to understand and analyse their world,
- Enable the learners to work towards ability and skill enhancement through exposure to appropriate courses.
- Impart reading and writing skills through assignments and exercises of such kind at an undergraduate level.
- Expose the learner to the importance of interdisciplinarity.
Eligibility: 10+2 or its equivalent.
Medium of Instruction: English & Hindi
Duration: Minimum 3 years and Maximum 6 years; offered in both January and July cycle of admission.
Fee Structure: For B.A. Rs. 9,900/- for full programme to be paid year wise @ Rs. 3,300/- per year. Fee to be paid in 1st year, including Registration Fee of Rs.200/- Is Rs.3,500/-
Learners opting B.A. Psychology courses with Practicum component are required to pay an extra fee of Rs.600/- in each year.
The University follows the credit system for offering all its Programmes. One credit is equal to 30 hours of learners study time. To earn Bachelor’s Degree, a learner has to complete 132 credits in minimum six semesters (Three years) with 22 credits per semester. The 132 credits of the programme have to be earned by completing the following categories of courses:
- Core Courses (CC)
- Discipline Specific Electives (DSE)
- Ability Enhancement Compulsory Courses (AECC)
- Skill Enhancement Courses (SEC)
- Generic Electives (GE)
- A learner can choose any two disciplines from the above thirteen disciplines for completing BA programme. Once the two disciplines are chosen in the first semester, he/she has to take Core Courses and Discipline Specific Elective Courses from those two Disciplines ONLY in all the subsequent semesters as per the following Programme Structure Template: