In a significant development for aspiring nursing and paramedical students in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE) has officially released the provisional selection list for B.Sc. Nursing, B.Sc. Para-Medical, and B.Sc. Technology courses for the year 2023. This eagerly awaited list follows the completion of the first round of online counseling, which took place from 25th August 2023 to 30th August 2023. The release of this list marks a crucial step in the academic journey of many students, opening doors to quality education and future career prospects.
Before delving into the details of the selection list, let’s briefly recap the essential notifications that led to this development:
- Notification No: 063-BOPEE of 2023 (Dated 20th August 2023): This notification initiated the online counseling process for admissions to B.Sc. Nursing, B.Sc. Para-Medical, and B.Sc. Technology courses.
- Notification No: 086-BOPEE of 2023 (Dated 24th September 2023): This recent notification signifies the release of the provisional selection list and outlines the subsequent steps in the admission process.
JKBOPEE Provisional Selection List
The provisional selection list has been prepared based on merit-cum-preferences filled by the candidates during the online counseling process. It is a significant milestone for the candidates as it determines their provisional allocation to colleges or institutions.
The selection list, denoted as Annexure-A in Notification No: 086-BOPEE of 2023, is available for viewing exclusively on the official website of the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations: www.jkbopee.gov.in. This digital accessibility ensures transparency and ease of access for all concerned candidates.
Candidates provisionally selected in the list are required to report to the respective colleges or institutions allotted to them for the completion of the admission process. This process is scheduled to take place from 25th September 2023 to 2nd October 2023. To facilitate a smooth admission process, candidates must bring along the following original documents:
- 12th Class Marks Card
- Domicile Certificate
- Category Certificate (wherever applicable)
- Paramedical (12th Based) Diploma (For Lateral Entry candidates only)
- Any other document as may be required by the College Authorities
It is imperative for candidates to adhere to this timeline. Failure to report for admission by 2nd October 2023, 4:00 p.m. along with the relevant certificates in original will render them ineligible for further rounds of counseling, if conducted.
As candidates embark on this exciting phase of their academic journey, it is crucial to be mindful of a few key points:
- The admission is provisional and may be cancelled if any information furnished by a candidate is found to be false or fabricated. Legal actions may be taken in such cases.
- Concealing information can lead to the cancellation of selection/admission and imposition of fines/penalties in accordance with the Board’s rules.
- Institutions and colleges are urged to verify the authenticity of documents, particularly Category Certificates, to ensure admissions are granted accurately.
- Candidates selected under Open Merit or Reserved Categories with disabilities must meet the eligibility benchmarks outlined by the Indian Nursing Council (INC) Guidelines. Non-compliance may lead to admission cancellation.
- Colleges and institutions are encouraged to keep admission counters open on holidays/off days to facilitate timely admissions, reducing potential hardships for candidates.
- Institutions should maintain records of admissions and promptly report any shortfalls through the provided email addresses on 2nd October 2023.