JKSSB Horticulture Technician Syllabus for Written-test, Horticulture posts 2021 Jammu and Kashmir, J&K new posts, Syllabus JKSSB, JKSSB Study Material, JKSSB updated syllabus for Advertisement No 5 of 2021. JKSSB New Recruitment, JKSSB fresh Vacancies, Posts 2021.
Download Syllabus for JKSSB posts, updated Syllabi for Various vacancies.
JKSSB Horticulture Technician Posts 2021
|Post Name||Horticulture Technician Grade-IV|
|Selection Process||Written Test|
Horticulture Technician Grade-IV Eligibility
10+2 with 01-year Basic Horticulture Training Passed from recognized Institute. The selection for the post shall be made on the basis of merit obtained in written examination only.
Candidates are required to apply online through JKSSB’s online Application Portal-https://ssbjk.org.in, No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
JKSSB Horticulture Technician Syllabus PDF
|Soil-General Concept and importance, soil texture (Social Particles)||20 Marks|
|Plant protection fundamentals:||20 Marks|
|Nursery Management and propagation||20 Marks|
|Orchard Diseases||20 Marks|
|Physiology (Introductory)||20 Marks|
|Fruit Handling and Storage||20 Marks|
Soil General Concept and importance, soil texture
- Types of Soil- Sandy, Clayey and loam soils and their general properties i.e. water retention, aeration, nutrient status,
- Soils organic matter- meaning, sources and importance.
- Soil reaction- meaning, acidic and alkaline soils concepts, their effect on plant growth and management.
- Plant Nutrients- names of essential macro and micro nutrients, important functions of N,P and K, their deficiency symptoms in plants.
- Manures- definition, different, types and importance (FYM, compost, Green Manure).
- Fertilizers- Definition, names of common NPK fertilizers, their nutrient percentage, recommended NPK doses for paddy, maize, sarson, Wheat, Apple and Cherry trees grown in Jammu & Kashmir, their mode and methods of application.
- Soil Testing- and its importance.
- Soil erosion- causes, types of erosion, soil conservation a methods with reference to J&K State.
- Introductory Botany.
- Plant parts, root, leaf, stem, flower and their functions Modified plant parts with functions,
- Photosynthesis and Importance.
- Seed Structure, Importance, Conditions necessary for germination, Minimum Standards for seed certification, Breeder foundation and certified seed.
- Self and cross- Pollination.
- Elementary studies of following plant families of economic importance.
- Graminance (Padey and Maize)
- Rosacae (Apple)
- Solanacea (Tomato)
- Leguminacca (Pea
Plant Protection fundamentals
- Definition of disease and their causes
- Symptomology (leaf spot, wilt, blight, mildew, scab etc.) Different management Methods
- Fungicides: Definitions, types, formulations, names of common fungicides used in Jammu & Kashmir; care in handling.
- Plant protection equipment, spraying and dusting machines, their working, calibration and maintenance,
- Definition of insect pest, general morphology of insect Different insect pest viz, borera, bug, gesed, their
- Economic threshold values
- Insecticides, definition, types. Formulation, names of common insecticides used in Kashmir, cadre in handling.
- Insect pest management methods. Extension Education
- Agri. Extension Education Definition and Importance. Principles, Objectives.
- Qualities and role of Extension Worker
- Extension teaching Methods; Classification, approaches i.e., individuals, Group, Mass, discussions, pamphlets, bulletins, charts,
- diagrams, exhibitions, campaigns, Kissan mela.
- Brief description of IRDP, SFDA, IAQP, NAEP, KVK with social reference to
- J&K STATE
- Farm Planning
- Village Panchayat and its functions
- Collections of socio- Economic data; kind of schedules
Nursery Management and Propagation
- Location, Soil, fencing, nearness to water source, layout of seed bed, nursery bed, stool bed, stratification.
- Building nursery store and workshop, Store and workshop, tools and implements.
- Maintenance of nursery.
- Selection of mother plant for bud wood, root stock. Budding, grafting, layering
- Fruit production
- Selection of Orchard site. Layout of Orchard.
- Orchard floor Management Planting, Training, Pruning.
- Cultural Practices including irrigation.
- Cultivation of Apple, Pear, Cherry, Plum, Grapes, Almond, Walnut, Strawberry,
- Mango and Guava Under following headings;
- Soil, Commercial varieties, pacing, fertilizers, irrigation, harvesting, yield.
- Major diseases, Symptoms, damaging stage and control measures of;
- Apple and pear viz; Scab, Leaf Spot, Mildew Canker. Viz; Stone fruits ( Peach, Plum,
- Apricot, Cherry, Almond) viz Blight and leaf pots.
- Walnut viz; Mistletoe etc.
- Grapes viz; Anthracnose, Mildews.
- Plants protection –(B)
- Major Insect Pests, damaging stage, Symptoms and control measures with respect
- to following fruit plants (under Jammu and Kashmir Conditions);
- Apple and Pear viz; Sanjose Scale, Borer, Leaf Minor, Aphids mites, Caterpillars.
- Stone fruits (Peach, Plum, Cherry, Almond, Walnuts) viz; Leaf curing aphids, Chaffer
- beetle etc.
- Pomegranate viz; Anar butter fly.
Introduction to the subject of postharvest technology; nature and extent of postharvest losses in fruits; Factors responsible for post harvest loss. Factors affecting rate of respiration and transpirations; ripening of fruits, Quality
attributes of fruits.
Fruit Handling and Storage
Harvesting techniques of fruits, criteria for harvest maturity of fruits, principle and techniques of pre-cooling, advantages of scientific grading; grade standards for apple, advantages of fruit packing; use of various packing
materials; principles of refrigerated and controlled atmosphere storage of fruits, transportation of fruits and its problems; Marketing channels of apples.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total No of Posts for Horticulture Technician by JKSSB?
333 out of a total of 462 Vacancies
Who is eligible for Horticulture Technician Vacancies?
Anyone who has 10+2 with 01-year Basic Horticulture Training Passed from recognized Institute.
Basic Salary for Horticulture Technician Grade-IV