|Anatomy and Physiology, Public Health & Hygiene, Diseases||20 marks|
|Public Health and Hygiene||20 marks|
|Basic Medical Information Drugs & Antibiotic||20 marks|
|Records Keeping||05 marks|
|First – AID & Home Nursing||15 marks|
|Home Nursing||10 marks|
|Health Education||5 marks|
|Sterilization & Disinfection||10 marks|
|Surgical Instruments, their names & uses||15 marks|
|Preparation of Patient for Operation, Pre & Post Operative Patient Care|
JKSSB Syllabus for Written test Junior Pharmacist posts, Pharmacist Syllabi for an upcoming examination, download jkssb Jr Pharmacist syllabus – Written-test Medical Assistant Study material also available. or else download the JKSSB Junior Pharmacist syllabi PDF.
Anatomy and Physiology, Public Health & Hygiene, Diseases
• Elementary Physics and Chemistry
• Characteristics of living matter
• The structure of living matter
• The Tissues
• Systems and various parts of the Human Body
• Development and types of Bones
• Bones of Head and Trunk
• Bones of the limb
• Joints and Articulations
• Structure and action of Muscles.
• The Chief Muscles of the Body
• The Blood
• The Heart and Blood vessels
• The Circulatory System
• The Lymphatic System
• The Respiratory System
• The Digestive System
• The Liver, Biliary System, and Pancreas
• Nutrition and Metabolism
• Endocrine Glands and Exocrine Glands
• The Urinary System
• The Nervous System
• The Ear
• The Eye
• The Skin
• The Reproductive System etc.
National Health Programmes:- These should be practical internship training for
six months as recommended by PCI 1080 hours, after two years successful by course
before Diploma Pharmacy is awarded
Public Health and Hygiene
• History and Development
• Modern concept of public health and comprehensive health care
• Various Health Committees and their recommendations.
• Five Year plans priorities.
• Allocation for medical and health services.
• Cost analysis of Medial and Health care.
• Health and Family Planning Organisations set up at the National
The State, The District and Block levels functions of Primary Health Centre
• Concept and Practice.
• Measures and disease frequency investigation of an outbreak and control
• Insecticides and resistance, sterilization and disinfection, epidemiological
methods and approaches
Basic Medical Information Drugs & Antibiotics
Basic Medical information, Drugs & Antibiotics their preparation & Uses
• Kinds of drugs, characteristics of drugs, Balsams, Gums, etc.
• Pharmaceutical Process and Methods
• General directions on dispensing, weighing, and measuring. How prescriptions are written, prescription reading. How to calculate dose weights and measures, formulae for converting from one scale to other abbreviations used in prescriptions.
• Doses of drugs, pharmacopeial preparation, and their doses, incompatibility, physical, chemical physiological, and therapeutical.
• Suppositories:- How to prepare suppositories of special medicines pessaries, bougies, plasters, etc.
• Ointments, Spray solutions or Nebulas, Inhalations, General rule about the preparation of Mixtures.
• Ordinary bazaar medicines, their recognition, doses, and uses
Stores Records & Procedures:- Clerical procedure in the good inward section.
Records and procedures in main stores, classification, and codification, keeping of
stock books, preparation of indents, and methods of storing drugs.
First –AID & Home Nursing
Health Education including different types of Bandages, Emergency Health Care Services, Sterilization process & Disinfection procedures
- Outline of the First–Aid
- Structure and Functions of the body.
- Dressing and Bandages (Use of Triangular Bandages and Cotton Roller Bandage,
- Rubber Bandage and different types of Dressing.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Electric Stock
- Different methods of artificial respiration
- Fractures and Dislocation
- Unconsciousness and Fainting
- Epilepsy and Hysteria
- Poisons including food poisoning
- Common Conditions :
- Foreign body in the ear, eye, and nose
- Frost – Bite
- Bites and Stings
- Snake Bite
- Dog Bite
- Transport of injured persons
- Use of Common medicines
- Sick Room
- Bed Making
- Patient’s Toilet
- Observation of the Sick
- Surgical Techniques
- Special Conditions & Treatments
- Further Observations
- Immunity & Infectious Diseases
- Care of the Aged and Long term patient Person
- Care of the Mentally Ill Healthy Patient
- Special Drugs their Control & Administration
- Preparation of the Patient for Operation and the aftercare
- Shock and Blood Transfusion
- Special Treatment
- Nursing in Special Diseases
- The Hospital Services
- Preparation for Special Treatment
- Child Birth and Its Management
Health Education Principles, Ethics, Attributes of health educator,
essential steps and introduction to the main methods in health
education. History development and growth of health education in
India. Various methods of Health Education.
Sterilization & Disinfection
Physical, Chemical, and Mechanical Methods, etc. Disposal of
contaminated Media, Sterilization of Syringes, Glass Wares, apparatus
their names & uses, Preparation of the patient for Operation,
Pre & Post Operative patient care.
Surgical Instruments (Their Names & Uses)
- Instruments for general surgery.
- Operation of the Face and Neck
- Operations of the Nose, Throat, and Ear
- Ophthalmic Surgery
- Operations on the chest
- Operations on the Genito – Urinary Tract
- Gynecological and Obstetric Operations
- Orthopedic Operations
- Neuro-Surgical Operations
- Operations on the Vascular System
- Trauma Surgery
Preparation of Instruments Tray
- Major Procedures Tray
- Basic / Minor procedures tray
- Limited procedures tray
- Thyroid Tray
- Long Instruments tray
- Biliary Tract Procedures tray
- Choledochoscopy tray
- Basic rigid Signoidoscopy tray
- Gastrointestinal procedures tray
- Rectal Procedures tray
Gynecologic and Obstetric Trays
- Dilatation of the Cervix and Curettage of the Uterus (D&C) tray
- Cervical Cone Tray
- Laparoscopy tray
- Abdominal Hysterectomy tray
- Caesarian Section tray
- Vaginal Hysterectomy tray
- Open Prostatectomy tray
- Kidney tray
- Thoracic Trays
- Mediastinoscopy tray
- Thoracotomy tray
- Pacemaker tray
- Vascular procedures tray
- Vascular shunt tray
- Cardiac procedures tray
- Basic Orthopaedic procedure tray
- Minor Orthopaedic procedures tray
- Hip replacement tray
- Knee or Ankle Anthroscopy tray
Neurologic Procedures Tray
- Craniotomy tray
- Laminectomy tray
Otorhinolarngologic (ENT Trays)
- Basic Ear procedures tray
- Nasal procedures tray
- Myringotomy tray
- Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy Tray
- Trachestomy tray
- Antral Puncture tray
- Basic eye procedures tray
- Eyelid and Conjunctional procedures tray
- Basic Eye Muscle procedures tray
- Dacryocystorhinostomy tray
- Corneal Procedures tray
- Cataract Extraction and Lens procedures tray
- Glaucoma procedure tray
- Basic Eye procedures Microscope tray
- Retinal procedures tray
- Pediatric major procedures trays
- Pediatric minor procedures trays
- Pediatric Gastrointestinal procedure trays
Preparation of Patient for Operation, Pre & Post Operative Patient Care
Pre-Operative Considerations :-
- Psychological support of the Surgical patient.
Protection of the Patient in Surgery :-
- Admission Procedure
- Transfer Procedure Position
- Environmental Controls
- Electro Surgery
- Operative Records
- Counting Procedure
- Emergencies and Disasters
Safety for Medical Assistant, Pharmacist in an Operation Theatre:-
- In-Service Education.
- Body Mechanic
- Fatigue factors
- Radiation Safety
- Infection Control
- Chemical Hazards.
|JKSSB Junior Pharmacist Syllabus||Download|