The Jammu and Kashmir Service Selection Board has released the much awaited JKSSB Patwari Syllabus, the examination is scheduled to be held by April 2023. In the meantime you can download the Syllabus for JKSSB Patwari Examination from the PDF link Given below in this Article.
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30 Marks|
|GENERAL KNOWLEDGE with special reference to J&K UT||20 Marks|
|General English||20 Marks|
|Knowledge of computers||15 Marks|
|Mental Ability & Reasoning||15 Marks|
|Reading Section||20 Marks|
|Writing Section||30 Marks|
Now Checkout the Syllabi released by JKSSB for the Patwari Posts below here, each heading represents the Section/Portion of the Syllabus, whereas the bullet-points represents the Topics which will be asked in the upcoming examination.
General Knowledge & Current Affairs
- Current Events of National and International importance
- Science & Technology.
- Environment, Ecology & Bio-diversity
- Indian National Movement.
- Political & Physical divisions of world & India
- Indian Economy.
- Indian Culture & Heritage.
- Climate & Crops in India
- Transport & Communication.
- Important Rivers & Lakes in India.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE with special reference to J&K UT
- History, Economy, and Culture of J&K UT.
- Geography -Weather, Climate, Crops, Soils
- Means of Transport.
- Flora and Fauna of J&K
- Rivers and Lakes.
- Important Tourist Destinations
- J&K Reorganisation Act, 2019
GENERAL ENGLISH – JKSSB Patwari Syllabus
- Rearranging of jumbled sentences.
- Comprehension with blanks to be filled in with
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Pairs of words and their use in meaningful sentences.
- Idioms and phrases.
- Uses of Prepositions.
- Active & Passive Voice
Also Check | JKSSB Forester Syllabus PDF 2023
Knowledge of Computers
- Introduction and Objectives.
- Basic Applications of Computer and its component.
- Fundamentals of computer sciences.
- Hardware & Software, Concept of Open Source Technologies.
- Input & Output devices.
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Powerpoint, PDF Internet, and E-mail.
- Concept of Computer Virus and Anti-Virus.
Mental Ability & Reasoning
- Number series.
- Letter series.
- Coding decoding.
- Direction sense.
- Blood relations.
- Statements and conclusions.
- Logical Reasoning.
- Mental Reasoning.
➢ Guidelines for checking working knowledge of Urdu – JKSSB Patwari Syllabi
The exam intends to check the “working knowledge of Urdu” of the candidates. The same will be tested through a Reading and a Writing test (total comprising of 50 marks in a duration of 60 Minutes), to be conducted on the same day. The candidates belonging to the ‘OM’ Category will be required to score at least 40% marks(overall) in the said exam with at least 33% marks in both Reading and Writing sections to be considered as having ‘working knowledge of Urdu’ for the purpose of this exam/qualified. The candidates belonging to other categories (except OM) are required to score at least 35% marks (overall) with at least 33% in each Section.
Reading Section – 20 Marks
Candidates would be required to answer questions each carrying one mark each out of given passages.
Writing Section for Patwari Written Test – 20 Marks
|Letter writing of minimum 100 words on a particular situation.||10 marks|
|One English passage to be translated into Urdu or Vice Versa.||10 marks|
|One Essay of about 100 words on any topic of social relevance.||10 marks|
- Part “I” will comprise Multiple Choice Objective Type Questions.
- Part “II” (Urdu portion) will be of descriptive nature.
- Both the parts viz Part “I” and part “II” will be compulsory
- The candidates competing for Open Merit posts will be required to score at least 40% marks and candidates belonging to other categories (except OM) are required to score at least 35% marks with at least 33% in each part.
- There will be negative marking (0.25 per question per the wrong answer) in
- Part ‘I
Go thoroughly the Syllabus and start your examination preparation, remember it is not late, you can still crack this examination and can figure in the Selection list. All you need to do is to understand the requirement of examination and then go through the recently held exam question papers of all posts, such as Sub-Inspector, FAA, Assistant Compiler. with this you will be be able to understand the level and pattern they follow for any examination.
Although Syllabus for some examination is pretty different but most of the syllabus does resemble for JKSSB recruitments, taking the example of General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Reasoning, History of Jammu and Kashmir. These topics are almost familiar in all the examinations.