|General English||30 Marks|
|General Science||25 Marks|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs|
General Knowledge with special reference to J&K
|Mental Ability Test||20 Marks|
|Total Marks||180 Marks|
JKSSB Syllabus for Written test Stock Assistant posts, Stock Assistant Syllabi for an upcoming examination, download jkssb Stock Assistant syllabus – Written-test Study material also available. or else download the JKSSB Stock Assistant syllabi PDF.
- Paragraph writing / Comprehension
- Editing / Proof Reading.
- Rearranging of jumbled sentences
- Paragraph writing with blanks to be filled in with the following
- Phrases, Pronouns, Homonyms / homophones, Tenses.
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Pairs of words and their use in meaningful sentences.
- Idioms and phrases.
- Uses of Prepositions
- Problems on finding Surface areas and volumes of combinations of any two of the following cubes, cubiods, spheres, hemispheres and right circular cylinders / cones. Frustum of a cone.
- Problems involving converting one type of metalic solid into another and other mixed problems.
- Profit and loss
- Simple / Compound interest.
- Linear equations with two variables.
- Progression / BODMAS
- Probability: Simple problems on Single event
- Revolt of 1857 – Causes and Effects.
- Rise of National Movement – Factors.
- Formation of the Indian National Congress in 1885 and Role of Moderates.
- Factors leading to the rise of Exremism in the Congress with special reference to the Partition of Bengal.
- Important dates and historical events with reference to India
- Boycott and Swadeshi Movement.
- Rise of Muslim League in 1906 : Cause.
- Khilafat Movement and the Non-Cooperation Movement.
- Quit India Movement.
- Independence and Partition of India.
- Fundamental Rights.
- Fundamental duties.
- Directive Principles.
- Origin of democracy and its types. Direct and Indirect Democracy, Hindrance to Democracy.
- Public opinion.
- Secret Ballot.
- The Campaign
- Presidential elections.
- Cities and Villages.
- The United Nations.
- Change of Seasons/ Planets/ Solar System/ Longitude – Latitude.
- Types of forests (with special reference of J&K State)
- Conservation and protection of forests.
- National / Zoological Parks and wildlife sanctuaries (Reference of J&K Sanctuaries and National Parks).
- Water resources. Sources of Water (with special reference of J&K State), Uses of water
- Resources. Conservation and management of water resources.
- Rainwater Harvesting.
- Roads (Different routes of J&K State)
- Gravitation / Heat / Light / Matter / Acids / Salts / Elements / Cells.
- Various sources of energy; conventional sources of energy; improvement in technology for using conventional source of energy (Biomass and wind energy)
- Non-conventional sources of energy (Solar energy, Energy from sea).
- Physical properties of metals and non-metals.
- Chemical properties of metals like action of water, air, acids, salts; Reactivity series of metals.
- Occurance of metals; their extraction, enrichment of ores. Extraction of metals in accordance with activity series; refining of metals.
- Life processes: Nutrition and its types, Respiration, Transportation of water, food and minerals in plants, Excretion with reference to plants and animals.
- Environmental pollution.
- Ecosystem – Its components, Food chains and Food webs.
- Ozone layer, its depletion, Green House Effect.
- Mendal’s contribution and experiments on pea plant.
- Types of reproduction in Plants and Animals.
- Classification of Plants and Animals.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
Abbreviations, Important Dates, Popular Personalities, Geographical Discoveries, Books and Authors, Principal Languages of India, Capitals and Currencies of Countries, United Nations Organisation, Members of United Nations Organisation (UNO), Other International Organisations and Groups, Members of SSARC, ASEAN, BRICS AND G-7, Space Programme of India, India’s Automic Research Programme, Awards, Honours and Prizes, Seven Wonders. The World of Sports, Exports and Imports, India GDP, Per capita Income, Thermal / Nuclear/ Hydro Power Plants in India.
General Knowledge with special reference to J&K
- Important dates, Popular names of personalities and their achievements / contribution.
- Constitution of J&K with reference to constituent Assembly.
- Centre-State relationship.
- Weather, Climate, Crops, Means of Transport.
- Important projects and their impact on State Economy.
- Rivers and Lakes.
- Important Tourist Destinations.
- History of J&K State.
- Historical places and their importance.
- Flora and Fauna of J&K State.
Mental Ability Test
- Number series
- Letter series
- Coding decoding
- Direction sense
- Blood relations
- Mathematical reasoning
- Speed, Distance and Time
- Statements and conclusions.