Download the JKSSB Syllabus for Librarian, Photo Librarian, and Library Assistant Written Test. J&K Services Selection Board has advertised various posts
Librarian, Photo Librarian, and Library Assistant, Divisional Cadre Jammu Kashmir.
The candidates are also intimated that there shall be negative
marking for wrong answers (-0.25 for each wrong answer) attempted in the said examination.
JKSSB Library Assistant, Librarian Syllabus PDF.
UNIT – 1 🔰 20Marks
- Types of Libraries and their Features
- Role of Libraries in contemporary Society
- Five Laws of Library Sciences
- Library legislation in India
- Digital Library
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- National and International Library Associations: ILA, IASLIC,
- IATLIS, IFLA, FID ALA, ASLIB etc
- National and intercalation Agencies: UNESCO, OCLC, PRRLF, UGC,
- INFLIBNET, DELNET, etc
- Information Centres, DRTC, ISI, INSDOC (NISCAIR), NASSDOC, DESIDOC, SENDOC, etc
UNIT – 2 🔰 20Marks
- Basic Terminology: call Number, Class Number, Book Number, Isolates
- Classification; concept & purpose.
- Types and characteristics of classification scheme.
- ISBD, ISBN, ISSN; classification schemes.
- Features of DDC, UDC, and CC
- Five Fundamental Categories
- Notation: Definition and Purpose
- Library Catalogue; Definition and purpose
- Cannons of Classification and Cataloguing
UNIT – 3 🔰 20Marks
- Principles of Book Selection
- Selection Tool; Print and Non-Print Materials
- Processing of Documents; Accessioning, Classification, Cataloguing, labelling and shelving
- Difference between catalogue, Accession Register, bibliography and Shelf list.
- Serials/ Journals; Selection and procurement
- Book Transaction System: Traditional and Modern
- Stock verification of Books; Methods and Tools
- Weeding Process
UNIT – 4 🔰 20Marks
- Information sources: Definition, Types, and importance;
- Information sources- Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary.
- Information Services: Definition and need of reference, documentation, and information services.
- Types of Dictionaries, Encyclopaedias
- Geographical and Biographical Sources
- Indexing and Abstracting Sources
- Types of Bibliographies
- Bibliographies Sources
UNIT – 5 🔰 20Marks
- Types of Reference service, Ready reference service, Long Rang Reference Service
- Reference Librarian: Role Skills and Competences
- User Education/ Information Literacy Skills
- International Information System; INIS, AGRIS, MEDLARS/MEDLINE, INSPEC
- Information Seeking Pattern
UNIT – 6 🔰 20Marks
- Study of Computer including the concept of Hardware.
- Library Automation Need and Purpose.
- Need for computer applications, Areas of computer applications. Automation in library Management. Software Packages for Library Management-Essential features
- Computer and its Units, Computer and its classification.
- Study of Various operating systems.
- General-purpose application software: Word Processing such as MS-office, lotus.
- Special Purpose application software: CDS/ISIS.
- Library Networking: Needs & Purpose.
- OPAC AND Web-OPAC.