A lot of young students in our nation want to serve the nation by becoming RAW agents. Through this post, we will throw light on the work done by this secret service and how you can join RAW in India.
|Name of the department
|Research and Analysis Wing
|Commonly Known As
|To carry espionage mission and protect the safety of India
|Authority that manages the department
|Graduation from a reputed college
|Present RAW Chief
Duties of a RAW Officer
You should know that there is no fixed job description of RAW Agents or Field Officers. It is a secret job, they have to do the task assigned to them. Some of the important duties of Raw Agents and officers are as follows.
- To keep a watchful eye on the enemy activities and inform authorities about the same.
- Monitor what’s happening around the country and predict what can be a threat to national security.
- Prevent and eliminate threats to India’s national security without India and outside.
- Ensure security of prominent Indian leaders in India and in foreign countries.
- RAW agents also play a role in the security of world leaders visiting India
How to become a RAW Officer in India?
A lot of enthusiastic candidates in India want to become RAW Agent to serve the nation. However, it is not that easy. Check out the following points to understand the complete recruitment process of RAW.
- Initially, RAW used to hire trained offers from the external wing of the Intelligence Bureau (IB). It is also used to recruit officers from the Indian Armed Forces, Police and Indian Revenue Service.
- Now, RAW has its own service cadre (Research and Analysis Service), it absorbs talent om other Group A Civil Services, under the Central Staffing Scheme.
- Class 1 officers going under the foundation course at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration are interviewed by Raw at the end of the course. Candidates are then inducted into RAW on the basis of Psychological tests and interviews.
- Apart from this, jobs at RAW are also offered to those who clear the UPSC examination.
- In addition to this, lateral deputation is also done from the Officer corps of Armed Forces or Group A Civil Service Officers
General Eligibility criteria for RAW Agents
We have compiled some general eligibility criteria to become a RAW Agent.
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Candidates must not have any criminal background.
- Applicants must not be drug addicts.
- Candidates must possess good education from a reputed University and should also have a grasp on one foreign language at least.
- Candidates should be ready to travel to any part of the country with a short period of notice.
- Applicant should be real what actually he is.
- Those who are applying should not tell their friends and family.
- The officers looking to get into RAW should have 20 years of experience.