Research and Analysis Wing or RAW is the secret Intelligence service of India. It is a wing of those heroes who work stupendously to safeguard our national security without getting much acknowledgment. You may call it a mystery division that reports directly to the Prime Minister Office. It plays a vital role in tracking the activities of the enemy of our nation and keeping us safe. A lot of young students in our nation want to serve the nation by becoming RAW agents. Through this post, we will throw light on the work done by this secret service and how you can join RAW in India.
Overview of RAW Jobs 2022
The general highlights of Research and Analysis Wing RAW Jobs in India are given in the following table.
|Department Name||Research and Analysis Wing|
|Commonly Known As||RAW|
|Objective||To carry espionage mission and protect the safety of India|
|Authority that manages the department||PMO|
|Present RAW Chief||Tapan Deka|
Different Posts in RAW
There are various posts on which a candidate can work in RAW and serve the nation. The descriptions of some of the posts are as follows.
The field officers or ground officers are the backbones of RAW. A field officer has to work in the most difficult circumstances. Such officers are also included in the RAW from police administration, intelligence offices, military administration, and other departments.
It is an office desk job at RAW India. However, it is also a very difficult job full of immense responsibility. Analysts play a vital role in helping Field Officers in whatever way possible. Analysts also help the organization in making planning and strategies.
RAW also hires specialists from various fields in order to tackle any kind of situation. RAW can offer you great opportunities if you are a cyber expert, a ninja computer programmer, or a person with any other expertise.
Director of RAW
The director of RAW has huge responsibility regarding Indian securities on its shoulders. That’s why you need to be very highly qualified in order to get this post. Mostly, directors are selected from India Police Services (IPS) and other 1st grade officials in Indian Government divisions.
Duties of a RAW Officer
You should know that there is no fixed job description of RAW Agents or Field Officers. It is a secret job, they have to do the task assigned to them. Some of the important duties of Raw Agents and officers are as follows.
- To keep a watchful eye on the enemy activities and inform authorities about the same.
- Monitor what’s happening around the country and predict what can be a threat to national security.
- Prevent and eliminate threats to India’s national security without India and outside.
- Ensure security of prominent Indian leaders in India and in foreign countries.
- RAW agents also play a role in the security of world leaders visiting India.
How to become a RAW Officer in India?
A lot of enthusiastic candidates in India want to become RAW Agent to serve the nation. However, it is not that easy. Check out the following points to understand the complete recruitment process of RAW.
- Initially, RAW used to hire trained offers from the external wing of the Intelligence Bureau (IB). It is also used to recruit officers from the Indian Armed Forces, Police and Indian Revenue Service.
- Now, RAW has its own service cadre (Research and Analysis Service), it absorbs talent om other Group A Civil Services, under the Central Staffing Scheme.
- Class 1 officers going under the foundation course at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration are interviewed by Raw at the end of the course. Candidates are then inducted into RAW on the basis of Psychological tests and interviews.
- Apart from this, jobs at RAW are also offered to those who clear the UPSC examination.
- In addition to this, lateral deputation is also done from the Officer corps of Armed Forces or Group A Civil Service Officers
Eligibility criteria for RAW Agents
We have compiled some general eligibility criteria to become a RAW Agent.
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Candidates must not have any criminal background.
- Applicants must not be drug addicts.
- Candidates must possess good education from a reputed University and should also have a grasp on one foreign language at least.
- Candidates should be ready to travel to any part of the country with a short period of notice.
- Applicant should be real what actually he is.
- Those who are applying should not tell their friends and family.
- The officers looking to get into RAW should have 20 years of experience.
Salary of RAW Agents and officers
There is not much information available in the public domain regarding the perks and salaries that RAW agents get. According to some unofficial sources on the internet, it is estimated that they get Rs. 80000/- to Rs. 130000/- per month.