University of Kashmir has invited Online Applications from the domiciles of UT of Jammu & Kashmir for the post(s) of Junior Assistant in Pay Level 4 (Rs. 25500-81100), available in Main Campus and various Satellite Campuses of the University as per the following breakup:
|S. No||Post||No. of Posts|
|Board||University of Kashmir|
|Adv No:||03 of 2023|
|Post Name||Junior Assistant|
|No of Vacancies||59 Posts|
|Application Starting Date||02 May, 2023|
|Last Date to Apply||17 May, 2023|
(Extended till 26 May, 2023)
- Submission of Online Forms from: May 02, 2023
- Last date for submission of Online Forms: May 26, 2023
The detailed Advertisement Notice containing essential qualifications and other terms & conditions will be available on the University website www.kashmiruniversity.net under Jobs/Recruitment link from 02-05-2023.
- Graduation from any recognized University with at least 50% marks
- Six Months Certificate Course in computer application from any recognized institute.
The age of candidates as on 01.01.2019 should be:
Not below 18 years; and Not above
40 years in case of Open merit
42 years in case of Physically Challenged candidates
KU Submission of Online Application Form:
Step 1: Visit http://www.kashmiruniversity.net and Click on Jobs link. Read detailed important instructions and preview of whole process for Registration and Submission of Application Form before proceeding ahead.
Step 2: Candidate need to Register him/herself before submitting the Online Application. For Registration, Click on the Non-Teaching Jobs link. Remember the Username and Password for future reference. Use valid Email ID and mobile number during registration process.
Step 3: After successful Registration, Login into the system by using your Username and Password.
Step 4: Key in the personal details, educational qualifications, experience etc. Preview the Form, if details are correct, Click on Submit. If there is variation or you want to update, Click on Edit, make corrections, updations and then Submit. Remember, no editing or updating is allowed after the Form is submitted. Get print-out of the Application Form and note the Form No. for future reference.
Step 5: Select payment mode for depositing Application Fee (Online mode or against the Pay-in-slip). Deposit the Application Fee of Rs. 500.00, through Online mode or against the bank Pay-in-Slip generated with the Application Form in any of the branches of J&K Bank, across the country.
Candidates can submit online Application Forms at IT Centres located at Main Campus (Main Gate), North & South Campuses and IT Centres located at various Degree Colleges on KUWAN network (intranet). Candidates can also submit Application Form manually on the prescribed Form in the Recruitment Section, Main Campus, University of Kashmir, Srinagar.
Submission of Downloaded Application Form (Hard copy):
Submit a Print–out (hard copy) of the Application Form submitted Online along with the enclosures, duly numbered at right hand top margin, as per the autogenerated serial number against each entry and Online Payment Acknowledgement / Bank Pay- in-Slip, either personally deposited against Proper Receipt or through Speed Post addressed to Deputy Registrar (Recruitment), Administrative Block, University Campus, Hazratbal, Srinagar-190006, J&K or deposited against Proper Receipt.
Candidates sending their Application Forms by post should ensure that the envelop is super-scribed as “Application for the post of …………… Post ID ……………..
Advertisement No. ………….. dated……………………………. ” and reaches by or before the last date. Application Form received by post after the last date should be rejected summarily without any notice in this regard.
Kashmir University Junior Assistant Syllabus
|Number of objective type questions||100|
|Number of objective type questions in each Section||20|
|Correct Question||1 mark each|
|Time allowed||110 minutes|
- Rearranging of Jumbled sentences
- Comprehension with blanks to be filled in with Phrases, Pronouns, Homonyms / homophones
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Pairs of words and their use in meaningful sentences
- Idioms and phrases
- Uses of Prepositions
General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
- Important dates in Indian History / Freedom struggle, different dates and events
- First in world (Adventure, Sports, Discoveries)
- First in India (Adventure, Sports, Discoveries)
- Popular names of Personalities (Religion, Politics, Scientific discoveries, Geographical, Sports, History)
- The Newspaper world – (Current Dailies & Weeklies of India) Books & Authors
- General Languages
- Capitals & Currencies
- United Nations Organizations – Veto Powers ; Number of Countries as its Members ; Principal organs and their functions
- SAARC, ASEAN World famous Award – ( In Science, Literature & Sports)National Awards – ( In Science, Literature & Sports)The World of Sports.
- Climate & Crops in India
- Democratic institutions
- Forms of Government
- Political & Physical divisions of World & India
- Important Rivers & Lakes in India
- Current Events of National and International Level
- Role of Mathematics in Economics
- Agriculture in economic development; Industrialization and economic development
- Indian Foreign Trade
- New economic reforms and growth of foreign trade
- Inflation – Concept and types; Causes and consequences
- Various sources of Energy; Conventional sources of energy; Improvement in technology for using conventional source of energy (Biomass and windenergy)
- Non-conventional sources of energy (Solar energy, Tidalenergy)
- Mechanics, Rest, Motion, Velocities, Acceleration, Newton Laws ofmotion
- Voltage, Current, Resistance, Power, D.C.Batteries
- Waves, light as a wave, Sound waves, Transverse and longitudinal waves
- Structure of an Atom
- Solids, Liquids and Gases(Basic)Life processes: Nutrition and its types, Respiration, Transportation of water, food & minerals in plants
- Vitamins- Diseases related to vitamin deficiency
- Environmental pollution
- Ecosystem – Its components, Food chains and Food webs
- Ozone layer, its depletion, Green House Effect
- Importance of water inlife
Mental Ability Test
- Number series
- Letter series
- Coding decoding
- Direction sense
- Blood relations
- Mathematical reasoning
- Speed, Distance and Time
- Statements and conclusions
- Logical Reasoning
- Mental Reasoning
- Office Practice and Secretarial Duties
- JK Service Conduct Rules
- Leave Rules
- RTI Act
Paper – B: Computer Test
|Number of objective type questions||50|
|Number of objective type questions in each Section||10|
|Correct Question||1 mark each|
|Time allowed||60 minutes|
- Computer Fundamentals
- Operating System (Windows)
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS Power Point, Email and Internet