Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks
or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose
parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.00 lakh.
The scheme is implemented through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). It is
mandatory for all students to apply online on the website i.e. www.scholarships.gov.in.
Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain and Zoroastrians (Parsis) have been
notified as minority communities under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for
Minorities Act, 1992. A total of five (05) lakh scholarships are targeted to be distributed
as ‘Fresh’ Scholarships, besides, Renewal scholarships.
Fresh – As the number of scholarships for minorities available in a year is fixed and
limited, it is necessary to lay down preference for selection. Inter-se selection weightage
is to be given to poverty rather than marks (the applicant is required to submit an
income certificate as per para-11(ii)). In case of same income, merit shall be generated
from ‘Date of Birth’ criteria of applicant (senior is preferred).
Renewal – There is no merit list generation for renewal cases. Renewal applicant will
get the scholarship if one has obtained 50% in his/her previous year’s examinations (at
the same institute and in same course) and his/her application is verified by all
authorities (as designated by Ministry of Minority Affairs) and approved by State
INSTRUCTIONS RELATED TO BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS (to be filled by
the students in online application form are as under):
- Students must select their bank/branch name carefully from the dropdown list.
- Thereafter the complete account no. must be entered correctly. Students are suggested to get their account number verified by their concerned Bank Branch including Bank account number and IFS Code.
- Disclaimer (*If bank details entered by students are found incorrect or not validated by the student’s bank, the scholarship will be canceled/amount will not be transferred even though the application is approved for scholarship).
- Bank Account holders must check their ‘Know your Customer’ (KYC)status from bank and if required the KYC must be done for successful transaction of scholarship amount.
- Bank Account must be operational/active till the scholarship is disbursed.
- Bank Account must be preferably in any scheduled Bank with core banking facility and proper IFS Code.
- Bank Account must be in the name of the student/applicant only