15 Years Kashmiri daughter makes parents proud, wins 25 Lakh in KBC Quiz show.

15-yr-old Sikh girl from Baghat makes Kashmir proud, wins Rs 25 lakh in famous KBC show.

Never thought of appearing in the show, can’t express my joy, aspire to become IAS officer, says Priya Kour;

The not first time, she has earlier won Alto k10 by bagging the first position out of 80, 000 students from across country, says her father

A 15-year-old girl from the Baghat area of Srinagar has made the entire Kashmir proud by winning Rs 25 lakhs in the famous ‘Koun Banega Crorepati’ (KBC) show, being hosted by the Bollywood star, Amitabh Bachan. According to Priya Kour, who is a Class 10th student at Simin Rose Garden Montessori School, Baghat had never dreamt of appearing in the KBC to take part in the quiz.

Kashmiri daughter wins 25 Lakh in KBC quiz show, makes parents proud.
Kashmiri girl Wins 25 Lakh in KBC Quiz Show

How did Kour Appear in the KBC Quiz show?

However, an online application, Vedantu, opened the way for Kour to appear in the show. She told that in October this year, she took part in the quiz following which GK rounds and other quiz took place, adding that at the end of November month, she got a call from Mumbai where she appeared in the show from December 05 – December 07.

“I am more than happy now as I have done something that has made my parents proud,” she said with a joyous smile, adding that she wants to become an IAS officer, saying that she wants to serve people in society and do something for the education system. She said that she has been receiving congratulatory messages from every single student in his class as well as the teachers and the head of the school where she is studying.

Reaction from Kours Teachers after winning 25 Lakh Rupees

“It is really a proud movement when your teachers are calling you and congratulating you for doing something beyond the imaginations,” she said.

Kour, when asked about the amount she won in the show, was in a hurry to reply that 10 percent of the amount will be donated to a trust namely ‘Pingalwara Charitable trust’. She said as she is 15 at present, thus she has to wait for turning 18 followings which the amount will be provided to her.

“I have to wait for three years from now onwards to receive the amount. We are going to donate 10 percent of the amount to the Pingalwara Charitable trust, which probably has a branch in J&K as well while my father will decide what to do with the rest 90 percent of the amount.

”Everybody has financial instability at their homes, I always wanted to help my parents and thus God has helped me to assist my family,” she said.

ALSO READ: JKSSB Sub Inspector Syllabus – PDF

When asked about her Family

Kaur has a younger sister, who is studying in Class 8th at present while her father is a transporter and her mother a former teacher and now a homemaker. She said none of the questions were asked from what she had prepared for the quiz, but she had learned the answers to the questions from different sources especially her school, which has helped her to answer a good chunk of questions in the quiz.

Ravinder Singh, her father while talking said that it is not for the first time that she has made the parents proud, but earlier she has emerged victorious in one of the shows namely ‘Koun Banega Gursikh Pyara’ two years back in which 80,000 students from across India participated from their community.

“She bagged the first position in the event then and was awarded Alto K10 at that time. She is very efficient and the family is very proud of her,”.

2 thoughts on “15 Years Kashmiri daughter makes parents proud, wins 25 Lakh in KBC Quiz show.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *