Entrance Test-based Merit list of all the candidates and the candidates shortlisted for
counseling will be declared and placed on the university website
www.skuastkashmir.ac.in and published in leading local English/ Urdu Daily
newspapers. There will be a counseling system to allot the available seats in order of
merit drew category-wise. The counseling will be held for the candidates at the Main
Campus Shalimar on the dates to be notified separately
SKUAST Jammu Answer Keys 2021
- The candidates short-listed for the counseling for admission to various Undergraduate
Degree Programmes will have to submit duly completed ‘Counseling Form’ (to be
provided at the time of counseling) along with one set of attested copies of all the
- The eligibility for the candidates will be verified by the counseling/selection committee
and recommend for admission to different programmes.
- The counseling/ selection committee will also prepare select and wait list. As soon as
vacancy arises, the candidate(s) from the wait list will be allotted seat(s) as per
admission schedule. The Registrar, SKUAST-K will notify the selection and waiting
list of each programme on the university website (www.skuastkashmir.ac.in). If a
candidate fails to register himself/ herself and deposit the fee at the time of
counseling/admission, his/her candidature will be cancelled and seat allotted to the next
candidate on merit in respective category.
- Closure of admissions: After closing date of admissions (last counseling) held, the
university shall not entertain/consider any request for change of stream from one
programme to other, up-gradation from Self Finance to Open Merit/Reserved Category
and refund of fee after cancellation of admission
SKUAST Kashmir Counseling Process
The candidates have to keep ready the following at the time of counseling:
a) Residence/Domicile Certificate of UT of J&K and UT of Ladakh
b) Marks Certificate of the qualifying examination issued by the concerned Board
c) Matriculation/Secondary School Certificate indicating Date of Birth
d) Category certificate under which claiming benefit of reservation
e) 04 numbers of passport size color photographs
f) Requisite fee prescribed for the degree program
- All original certificates/testimonials and other documents relating to admission issued by
the competent authority including admit card etc. are to be presented on the date of
counseling. The candidates who do not produce original certificates/testimonials at the time
of counseling shall not be entertained and shall lose their right to admission.
- In addition to the original certificates/testimonials as at (2) above, the candidates offered seat
shall have to pay non refundable counseling fee of Rs. 1000 /-. In addition to normal
prescribed fee for the programme. The facility of depositing the fee shall be available in the
Counseling Hall through J&K Bank Ltd. Branch of SKUAST-K.
- No separate intimation will be sent to individual candidates for appearing in counseling
sessions. The candidates are advised, in their own interest, not to miss counseling, lest they
may lose the seat of their choice.
- The candidates have to appear personally for counseling. If, however, for some unavoidable
reasons, it is not possible for a candidate to appear personally, he / she may send his / her
duly authorized representative with admit card, counseling fee, original documents,
undertaking and authority letter to the effect that allotment made on the basis of choices
indicated by such representative shall be binding on him/ her.
- Where a candidate or his authorized representative fails to appear for counseling at the time
of his/her turn of counseling, his/her seat shall be allotted to the next candidate in order of
merit, and if the candidate, who has missed the counseling appears afterwards in the
counseling on the same day, he/ she shall be allotted the seat available at that point of time.
- Where a candidate or his/her representative fails to appear for counseling on the specified
date but appears on the next date or any date during subsequent notified counseling
schedule, he/she will be allowed to participate in such counseling and he/she will
be considered for the allotment of course/stream/institution available at that point of time on
merit. Such a candidate cannot stake claim on any other seat already allotted despite superior
- Where a candidate has been kept in the waiting list and his/her seat is not confirmed, he/she
is entitled to refund of counseling fee of Rs 1000/.
- Candidates shall have to join the course after allotment of streams/ institutions within the
specified time period. Where a candidate does not join the course/ institution allotted within
the period so specified, his/her seat shall automatically stand cancelled and he/she shall have
no claim on the seat. The same shall be filled up as a vacant seat
- The short fall, if any, after first round of counseling shall be filled up in another round of
Counseling as per the merit and availability of seat(s).
- Where a candidate is allotted a seat in the upgradation counseling, his/ her vacated seat
will be allotted to another candidate in order of merit.
- The residual seats, which will become available after the second round of counseling, will be allotted in the third round and so on strictly in order of merit.
- Where the number of candidates, who turn up for counseling, is more than the seats
available, a wait list will be prepared, which will operate after receiving a list of vacant
seats from the respective Faculties/Colleges.