Five days Training of Trainers on Expanded Range of Services being provided in Health & Wellness Centres begins at Leh.
The District Health Society under National Health Mission, UT of Ladakh organised 05 days training programme for the medical officers and staff nurses at Leh.
The training is organised to train the Female Multi Purpose Health Workers and ASHAs for providing following Expanded range of services through community level and Health and Wellness Centres(all sub- centres and PHCs):
1. Care in pregnancy and childbirth.
2. Neonatal and infant health care services
3. Childhood and adolescent health care services.
4. Family planning, Contraceptive services and other Reproductive Health Care services
5. Management of Communicable diseases including National Health Programmes
6. Management of Common Communicable Diseases and Outpatient care for acute simple illnesses and minor ailments.
7. Screening, Prevention, Control and Management of Non-Communicable diseases
8. Care for Common Ophthalmic and ENT problems
9. Basic Oral health care
10. Elderly and Palliative health care services
11. Emergency Medical Services
12. Screening and Basic management of Mental health ailments
The training programme has started today on the 13th of February and it will run up to the 17th of February 2023.
The resource person on the day first was Dr Tashi Thinles(MD,Medicine), Physician, SNM Hospital Leh.
Dr Norzin CMO Leh, Dr Diskit Dolma DTO, Dr Dolma Chuskit DIO, Dr Skarma DHO and Dr Rinchen State Nodal officer were present.
The program was attended by Medical Officers and Staff Nurses of all Blocks of Leh District.
Dr Rinchen State Nodal Officer highlighted the 12 expanded range of services while resource person Dr Thinley gave a detailed PowerPoint Presentation on NCDs.