The online application process for UGC NET June 2022 cycle will start on 10 March 2022 till 05 April 2022. The candidates whose application process was not completed for UGC NET December 2021 can complete and submit their duly filled application form from the below link.
No application will be accepted after the last date of submission. The process of online application will consist of four steps. Aspirants should keep in mind the below:
- The authority will provide candidates a chance to correct their application.
- The size of photograph must be between 10KB to 100KB and signature size should be between 4KB to 30KB.
- The dimension should be 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height) for photograph and 3.5 cm (width) x 1.5 cm (height) for signature.
Do not send the printout of the confirmation page to the authority office.
UGC NET 2022 Application Fee
The application fee of the UGC NET exam 2022 is different for all categories. The application fee is not refundable or transferable once paid. It can be paid through credit/ debit card or e-Challan. All the candidates paying through e-Challan have to make the cash payment in the bank. The category-wise fee details are mentioned below:
- General/Unreserved: Rs. 1000/-
- OBC-NCL: Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST/PwD/Transgender: Rs. 250/–
Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.
UGC NET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have a Master’s degree or equivalent from UGC-recognized Universities/Institutions.
- The qualifying exam has to be passed in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications and Electronic Science.
- Candidates should have scored 55% marks and 50% marks for reserved category students.
- Candidates, appearing in the final semester of the master’s degree can also apply.
- 5% relaxation is given to Ph.D. degree holders in aggregate marks. Such candidates should have a Master’s degree examination which shall be completed by 19th September 1991.
UGC NET 2022 Exam Pattern
UGC NET 2022 June Examination shall be conducted as Computer Based Test (CBT) only. The Online Test will consist of two papers. both the papers will consist of objective type, multiple-choice questions. There will be no break between two papers.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Paper 1||50||100||03 hours (180 minutes)|
UGC NET-JRF Frequently Asked Questions
NTA UGC NET exam is conducted twice a year – June and December
No, there is no negative marking in the exam. Candidates are awarded zero marks for an incorrect answer or a question left unanswered.
The only difference is that you need more marks for JRF as compared to NET. Top 6% of students who qualify NET exam gets JRF.
The National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted on behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC) for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility of Assistant Professorship, Junior Research Fellowship or both, for Indian Universities and Colleges.