UGC NET 2023: Application Form, Registration, Correction Form, Admit Card/Hall Ticket, Exam Centre, Question Paper, Exam Pattern, Answer Key, Result, Selection List, Merit List, JRF Certificate. Get all the details related to the UGC NET Examination to be conducted by National Testing Agency in the Article.
|Name of the Exam||UGC NET (University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test)|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year|
|Exam Duration||180 minutes|
|Total Questions||50 MCQs in Paper 1|
100 MCQs in Paper 2
|Negative Marking||No -ive marking|
|Exam Fees||INR 1,100 for the General category|
INR 550 for OBC
INR 275 for SC/ ST/ PwD
|Language||Hindi and English|
|Purpose of the exam||Determine the eligibility of candidates for posts of only Assistant Professor or both Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor in Indian universities and colleges|
UGC NET 2023 Application Date
The application date for the UGC NET exam 2023 is now released by the NTA. The candidate can apply for the UGC NET exam from December 29, 2022, to January 17, 2023. The steps to apply for the UGC NET exam have been given below for the candidates:
- Visit the official website of UGC NET.
- Click on Registration Button.
- Enter the personal details, valid email ID, and mobile number.
- On successful registration, an application number will be sent to the registered email ID and mobile number.
- Now again login on the website and select the preferred subject, position, and preferred exam centre.
- Upload the scanned copies of the photograph and signature in the specified format.
- Pay the application fee using online payment methods.
- Take a printout of the application form and fee receipt for future reference.
Documents Required for UGC NET 2023 Registration Form
Following is the List of Documents Required for UGC NET 2023 Application Form and you must carry them while proceeding for Online Application Form.
- UGC NET Subject Code.
- Masters Degree.
- Marksheets of Graduation and Post Graduation.
- Four Exam Cities of your choice.
- Aadhar Card.
- Signature in JPG or JPEG Format.
- PP Size Photograph.
- Category Certificate.
- Domicile Certificate.
UGC NET Eligibility 2023
To apply for UGC NET June 2023, candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria in terms of nationality, age limit, and educational qualification.
- Indian Nationals along with the citizens of Nepal, Bhutan, and Tibet are eligible to apply for the IBPS Clerk exam
- Candidates applying for a Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) must not be more than 31 years. There is no maximum age limit for the post of Assistant Professor
- Candidates must have a Master’s degree or equivalent from UGC-recognized Universities/Institutions
- Candidates should have scored 55 per cent marks for the unreserved category and 50 per cent marks for reserved category students
- Candidates in the final semester of their master’s degree can also apply.
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2023
The UGC NET is conducted in two parts through online computer-based testing (CBT). To pass the exam, candidates are required to clear both papers. The UGC NET Exam is a computer-based test with multiple-choice questions. The exam includes two papers. UGC NET Paper 1 is compulsory for all the candidates, while the candidates need to choose the subject of Paper 2. Check below for the UGC NET 2023 exam pattern.
|Name of the subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Paper 1||50||100||60 minutes|
|Paper 2||100||200||120 minutes|
UGC NET Educational Qualification 2023
The educational qualification for the UGC NET exam has been given below for the aspirants:
- Candidates should have secured at least 55 per cent marks in master’s degree exams. A relaxation of five per cent is given to candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Other Backward Class (OBC)/Persons with Disability (PwD)/Transgender category. Therefore, candidates from reserved categories require only 50 per cent aggregate marks in their master’s degree exams.
UGC NET Application Correction 2023
UGC NET Application Form Correction facility is provided by NTA after the conclusion of the application process.
- The application form correction facility is available in online mode only at the official website – ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
- An email and SMS are sent to the candidates whose application form requires some rectifications.
- Candidates can edit/ correct only certain fields such as name, parents’ name, date of birth, contact address, category, gender, choice of exam centre, scanned photo and signature, etc.
- Candidates have to upload supporting documents to attest to the edits made and pay the required fees (if any).
UGC NET 2023 Selection Procedure
Candidates will be selected for Assistant Professor and JRF on the basis of their performance in the UGC NET exam. After the declaration of result, no further rounds will be organized for selection of candidates.
Only the successful candidates will be consider for selection. Top 6% of the total candidates will be declared qualify. Candidates have to score minimum marks in both papers to be eligible for the post of JRF and Assistant Professor.
Is there any negative marking in UGC NET 2023 exam?
No, there is no negative marking in the UGC NET 2023 exam.
When will the UGC NET 2023 exam be held?
The UGC NET exam for June 2023 cycle is expected to be conducted from March 2023.
Can I apply for UGC NET with different subjects?
No, you are allowed to apply for only one subject that can be selected from the subjects given in the information bulletin. Filling out multiple forms will lead to the cancellation of your application form.
What is the age limit for UGC NET JRF Post?
Candidates applying for a Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) must not be more than 31 years.
What is the application fee to apply for UGC NET 2023 exam?
The application fee to apply for UGC NET 2023 exam is INR 1,100 for the General category, INR 550 for OBC and INR 275 for SC/ST/PwD.
Is PhD compulsory for UGC NET?
No, PhD is not compulsory for the UGC NET exam for Assistant Professor/ Lecturer post until 2023, as per the new rules of the UGC.
What is the difference between UGC NET exam or CSIR NET exam?
Both UGC NET and CSIR NET exams are conducted by the NTA to determine the eligibility of candidates for Assistant Professorship and/ or Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for Indian universities and colleges. However, the major difference is that the UGC NET exam is conducted for 81 subjects in all areas. However, the CSIR NET exam is conducted only for the Science stream.