In the scenic landscapes of Jammu and Kashmir, a golden opportunity awaits those aspiring for the esteemed position of Panchayat Secretary. The Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board (JKSSB) has unveiled the syllabus for the post, outlining the key areas that candidates need to master. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the JKSSB VLW Syllabus PDF 2023, providing insights and strategies to excel in each subject.
|General English & Comprehension||20|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||20|
|Knowledge of Computers||25|
Syllabus for JKSSB Panchayat Secretary Exam 2023:
1. General Awareness (20 Marks)
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- Political & Physical Divisions of India
- Climate & Crops in India
- Transport & Communication
- Demography: Census, Features, and Vital Statistics
- Important Rivers & Lakes in India
- Indian Economy
- Indian Culture & Heritage
- Indian History with Special Reference to Freedom Movement
- Indian Constitution: Basic Features, Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy
- Science & Technology
- Environment, Ecology & Bio-diversity
- Taxation in India: Direct & Indirect Tax, CBDT, GST, etc.
- J&K UT: History, Economy, Geography (Weather, Climate, Crops, Rivers, Lakes, Flora, Fauna), Heritage & Culture, Important Tourist Destinations, J&K Reorganisation Act 2019
- Centrally Sponsored Schemes: MGNREGA, PMAY, SBM, and Panchayati Raj Act/Rules
2. General English & Comprehension (20 Marks)
- Tenses, Narration, Modals
- Articles, Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks with Phrases, Pronouns, Homonyms/Homophones, etc.
- Clauses, Synonyms, and Antonyms
- Pairs of Words and Their Use in Meaningful Sentences
- Rearranging of Jumbled Sentences
- Idioms and Phrases, Uses of Prepositions
- Active & Passive Voice, Error Spotting, Sentence Correction, Spellings Correction
3. General Intelligence & Reasoning (20 Marks)
- Number Series, Letter Series, Semantic Series
- Speed, Distance, and Time
- Statements and Conclusions, Logical Reasoning, Mental Reasoning
- Word Building, Numerical Operations, Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification
- Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification, Problem Solving
- Symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization
- Venn Diagrams, Drawing Inferences, Punched Hole/Pattern-Folding & Un-folding
- Figural Pattern-Folding and Completion, Indexing, Address Matching
- Date & City Matching, Classification of Centre Codes/Roll Numbers, Small & Capital Letters
4. Quantitative Aptitude (15 Marks)
- Whole Numbers, Decimals, Fractions, Relationships Between Numbers
- Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business
- Mixture and Alligation, Time and Distance, Time & Work, Percentage
- Ratio & Proportion, Square Roots, Averages, Interest, Basic Algebraic
- Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its Various Kinds of Centres
- Congruence and Similarity of Triangles, Circle and its Chords, Tangents
- Angles Subtended by Chords of a Circle, Common Tangents to Two or More Circles
- Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency Polygon, Bar Diagram & Pie Chart, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with Triangular or Square Base, Trigonometric Ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary Angles
5. Knowledge of Computers (25 Marks)
- Basic Applications of Computer and its Components
- Fundamentals of Computer Sciences
- Hardware & Software, Concept of Open-Source Technologies
- Input & Output Devices
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, PDF
- Internet and E-mail
- Concept of Computer Virus and Latest Anti-Virus
- Role of Information Technology in Governance
Note: Each section carries the specified marks mentioned in the original syllabus.
This detailed breakdown covers all the topics that candidates need to prepare for the JKSSB Panchayat Secretary Exam 2023. Good luck with your preparation!
Cracking the Code: Strategies for Success
- Understanding the Basics: Master the fundamental concepts in each subject area. Strengthen your foundation before moving to complex topics.
- Practice Regularly: Practice mock tests and previous years’ question papers to enhance your speed and accuracy.
- Effective Time Management: Devise a study schedule that allocates ample time to each subject. Focus on your weaknesses while maintaining your strengths.
- Stay Updated: Stay abreast of current affairs, especially in the context of Jammu and Kashmir. Regularly read newspapers and follow reliable news sources.
- Healthy Lifestyle: Ensure a balanced diet, regular exercise, and adequate sleep. A healthy body enhances cognitive abilities.
Is there negative marking in the exam?
Yes, there is a provision for negative marking. For each incorrect answer, a fraction of the marks allotted to the question will be deducted.
What is the passing score for the exam?
The passing score for the exam will be determined by the JKSSB and may vary from year to year.
Is there any sectional cutoff in the exam?
Yes, there is generally a sectional cutoff in most competitive exams, including this one. It’s essential to perform well in each section to qualify for the next stage.