Constitution of Advisory Committee for NCC under NCC Act,1948 for Union territory of Jammu & Kashmir.
Sanction is hereby accorded to the constitution of Advisory Committee, comprising the following for National Cadet Corps under NCC Act,1948 for the Union territory of Jammu & Kashmir :-
|1||Hon’ble Lieutenant Governor,J&K||Chairman|
|2||Chief Secretary, J&K||Member|
|3||Administrative Secretary, Higher Education and School Education Department||Member(s)|
|4||Vice Chancellor of Universities in the Union territory of J&K.||Member(s)|
|5||Additional Director General, NCC Dte JK &L||Member|
|6||Representative of GOC-in C/HQ NC & HQ WC||Member(s)|
|7||Director School Education, Jammu & Kashmir.||Member(s)|
|8||Two Principals from Colleges having Senior Division/Senior Wg NCC to be nominated annually by Government of J&K.||Member(s)|
|9||Two Headmasters/Headmistress of schools which provide a unit of Junior Division/Junior Wing NCC to be nominated annually by Government of J&K.||Member(s)|
|10||Deputy Commissioner, Jammu & Srinagar||Member(s)|
|11||Representative of Finance Department||Member|
|12||Any other member to be referred by the Hon’ble Lieutenant Governor, J&K.||Member|
|13||Director/Addl. Director NCC Dte J&K and Ladakh||Member Secretary|
Terms of reference :
- To make recommendations and tender advice to the Central Government and to the Union territory Government relating to NCC activities on the following matters:-
- The formation of new units and disbandment of existing units, sub- units.
- Selection of colleges and schools which should raise units or Selection of persons for appointments as officers in the Senior and Junior divisions.
- Any other matter which may be referred to it by the Central Government, UT Government or the Director General NCC as the case may be.
- Issue directions and tender advice to oﬃcers commanding units of the Senior Division and Director Public Instructions on the following matters:-
- Improvement of training and training facilities for cadets.
- Improvement in discipline in the units.
- General welfare of officers and cadets