JKPSC Assistant Professor(AP) Recruitment 2023: Applications, through online mode, are invited from the applicants who are domiciled in the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir, possessing the prescribed Academic/Professional qualification and age for the post of Assistant Professor(s)/Librarian/PTI for Government College of Engineering & Technology in Higher Education Department, in terms of Jammu & Kashmir Government Engineering Colleges (Gazetted) Service Recruitment Rules of 2017, issued vide SRO 272 of 2017 dated 06-06-2017, and the Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission (Business and Procedure) Rules, 2021 as amended up-to-date.
JKPSC AP Recruitment Important Dates and Points
- The Application Form together with instructions for filling up the Application Forms will be available at the website of the Commission from 05.04.2023.
- Candidates are advised to go through the instructions and all the eligibility conditions prescribed for the post before filling the online Application Form.
- Candidates are advised to update their One Time Registration before filling the application Form.
- Last date for filling of online Application complete in all respects along with the requisite fee (online mode only) is 04.05.2023.
- The last date for receipt of online applications provided in the notification shall be the cut-off date for determining the eligibility as regards acquisition of Domicile Certificates and educational and professional qualifications.
- The minimum and maximum age will however be reckoned with reference to 1st January, 2023.
- Candidates can edit some of the fields in their online application form from 05.05.2023 to 07.05.2023.
- Candidates are not required to submit hard copy of the application form or any other documents to the Commission.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/inability to pay fee or failure to login to the online application portal on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days.
- A candidate seeking his/her consideration under a Reserved Category must ensure that he/she possesses a valid requisite Category certificate on the cut-off date.
- The candidature will be provisional till the genuineness of the reserved category certificate is verified by the Appointing Authority.
- Candidates may note that in case a claim for reservation is made on the basis of false/fake/fraudulent certificate, he/she shall be debarred from participation in the selection process conducted by the J&K Public Service Commission, in addition to any other penal action as may be deemed appropriate and need not to pay any fee afresh.
The candidate should be a Domicile of the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir. The candidate must possess the Domicile Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the prescribed format. The certificate issued after the last date prescribed for submission of online application form shall not be entertained.
JKPSC Application Requisite Fee
After successful submission of the online application form, candidate will be required to deposit requisite fee through online mode. The amount of fee to be paid is given below:
- General Category: Rs.1000
- Reserved Categories: Rs.500
- PHC Candidates: Nil
JKPSC AP Recruitment, Documents to be uploaded
While filling the online application form the applicants are requested to upload the documents as per details given bellow:-
- Date of birth certificate (secondary School/Matric Certificate)
- Domicile Certificate of the UT of J&K.
- Graduation Degree.
- PG Degree certificate.
- NET/SET/SLET/PhD (any one)
Documents (Mandatory if claiming benefit under that category):-
- Category Certificate. 01 leaf
- Disability certificate.
- In-service certificate signed by HOD
Following document for which the candidate is claiming weightage as per J&K (Business and Procedure) Rules, 2021:-
- M.Phil certificate alongwith result Notification
- Ph. D degree
- Experience Certificates, as per format-up to 05 lvs.
- List of Publication of books as 1st and 2nd Authors as per format.
- Gold Medal Certificate for overall first position in the prescribed qualification. 01 leaf 7. List of Research papers as I/II or corresponding author as per format.
- Post Doctorate Certificate minimum 1 year.
It may be noted that no further opportunity to upload any document shall be provided hereafter and action under rules including rejection of application/candidature will be taken.
How to Apply for JKPSC AP Posts 2023
To apply for the JKPSC (Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission) Assistant Professor posts in Government College of Engineering & Technology in 2023, follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of JKPSC: https://www.jkpsc.nic.in/
Step 2: Click on the “Online Application” link on the homepage.
Step 3: Click on the “New” button to register if you are a new user. If you have already registered, enter your login credentials and skip to Step 7.
Step 4: Fill in the required details for registration, including name, email, mobile number, and password. Click on the “Register” button.
Step 5: An activation link will be sent to your registered email. Click on the link to activate your account.
Step 6: Once your account is activated, login using your credentials.
Step 7: Fill in the online application form with all the required details, including personal information, educational qualifications, experience, etc.
Step 8: Upload the scanned copies of the mandatory documents, such as Date of Birth certificate, Domicile Certificate of the UT of J&K, Graduation Degree, PG Degree certificate, NET/SET/SLET/PhD (any one), as well as category-specific documents like Category Certificate, Disability Certificate, In-service Certificate, M.Phil certificate, Ph.D degree, SET/SLET/NET/JRF, Experience Certificates, List of Publications, Gold Medal Certificate, and Post Doctorate Certificate (if applicable).
Step 9: Pay the application fee as per your category through the online mode.
Step 10: Review all the entered details and uploaded documents before final submission.
Step 11: Click on the “Submit” button to submit your application form.
Step 12: Take a printout of the submitted application form for future reference.
JKPSC AP Recruitment 2023, FAQs
What are the important dates for the JKPSC Assistant Professor/Librarian/PTI recruitment?
The important dates for the JKPSC Assistant Professor/Librarian/PTI recruitment are as follows:
Application forms will be available on the JKPSC website from 05.04.2023.
Last date for filling the online application form along with requisite fee is 04.05.2023.
Candidates can edit some fields in their online application form from 05.05.2023 to 07.05.2023.
What should I do before filling the online application form?
Candidates are advised to go through the instructions and eligibility conditions prescribed for the post before filling the online application form. It is also advised to update the One Time Registration before filling the application form.
What is the last date for receipt of online applications?
The last date for receipt of online applications provided in the notification shall be the cut-off date for determining the eligibility as regards acquisition of Domicile Certificates and educational and professional qualifications.
How will the minimum and maximum age be reckoned for the recruitment?
The minimum and maximum age will be reckoned with reference to 1st January, 2023.
Can I edit my online application form after submission?
Yes, candidates can edit some of the fields in their online application form from 05.05.2023 to 07.05.2023.
Do I need to submit hard copy of the application form or any other documents to the Commission?
No, candidates are not required to submit hard copy of the application form or any other documents to the Commission.